Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Changing of the Seasons

This morning I left a few minutes late (I really must work on that snooze alarm addiction) and cruised right into work on time. ON TIME! I thought it was because I missed the 8am rush to work, but after doing some more sleuthing I'm pretty sure it's because the schools out here are on Spring Break. (Side note: It's also Caesar Chavez day out here...East Coasters, say wha'?!) Conversely, this past weekend was the first weekend where people have started noticing traffic lined up to get to and from the beach. Yes, it's beautiful in San Diego almost 375 days out of the year. But there are definitely still seasons. To be honest, this past Sunday was the first time in a REALLY long time that I hit the beach, and oh how good it felt! So, I guess a big, fat "Thank you" should be sent out to the college gods for letting me get to work on time even after getting 15 more minutes of sleep. mmmmm..... And a big fat "crap" to the beach traffic. Luckily, I don't really go out on the weekends any more so an early morning wake up to get a parking spot on the coast is definitely a must do in my book! Happy Spring and safe driving, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment