Monday, April 12, 2010

Morning Talk Show Saviors

On my way home from work today for lunch, I found myself searching for my usual companions on my daily commute--"The Show" with rock 105.3 FM--instead of jamming to the music. I'm not claiming that this is the best talk radio nor is it the best radio station. However, what I AM saying is that I realized on my way home today that I'd rather listen to a group of people (who I've never met) talk about their days (that I didn't live) than listen to music (in which I can participate).

And so I ask you...When did I become my father?! I used to hate listening to talk radio. I hated the interactions between the hosts and the lack of music. I waited until an admirable amount of time before asking him to PLEASE switch to something with music! Well, my friends, the times they have a'changed. I'm chalking this change in my morning mentality up to a few things. In no particular order these are: my age, today's pop music, and familiarity. I don't like most of today's pop. I don't want to hear K-e-money sign-h-a "rap" to the beat.

I am a working drone. I drive to work. I drive home. I sit in traffic. I merge. In these monotonous times, the only thing right now that eases my pain is the comfort of knowing that along with me ride Costa, Skye, Ashley, Boston Rob, and Eddie. Oh how I love my "friends!" But if you tell my father that I actually like talk radio now, I'll have to disown you.

Any favorite morning shows to share? Don't be ashamed of your "friends" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment